Monday, May 04, 2009

Lamentations of Phelony

Phel reports on the usual silliness.

...I attended my nephew's first communion. It should have been a beautiful occasion, and I'm sure it was to a majority of people who were there, although many of them shouldn't have been anywhere near a church...

...I inquired, "is confession available before [M]ass?". He looked at me like I was from another plan[e]t. He started leafing through the bulletin, and said "I'm not sure we even offer that anymore".

If that usher's thinking is correct, .........nah. Can't be, can it?

2 comments:

Steve Burri said...

Wasn't Obama's apology tour kinda like a confession covering all of us?

Phelony Jones said...

Sir.. I wish I was kidding about the Usher. He had this curiosity tone of voice as though it was a surprise to him.